Thailand is the ideal location for a family holiday. From paradise beaches, water sports to unbelievable food that are sure to keep the kids happy. And with cheap Thai massages, beautiful resorts and tropical cocktails it is a location to surely keep the parents happy.
Thailand has so much to offer a family that wants the perfect beach holiday. I first went to Thailand as a teenager, it was 1999 and we visited Phuket, Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Matt and I also had our honeymoon on Koh Samui in 2010.
In 2017 we had a family reunion in Thailand. I was interested to see how much it had changed. Initially, the trip was to be 2 weeks. We spent time in Krabi, Phi Phi Don and Phuket. After some issues with sickness, we extended our stay to include time in Hua Hin.
Click on the images below to see learn about the best family holiday destinations in Thailand
Ethical Travel in Thailand | Marine sanctuaries
- Do not feed the marine fish. It encourages the aggressive fish to proliferate and an imbalance between the shy fish.
- Avoid using detergent to clean your snorkeling googles – you can just use spit.
- Discourage anchor use when you are on the boats.
- Try to get into a group to utilise a boat – you will decrease the number of boats that bombard the islands.
- Only go on a boat with a reputable operator. There are many cowboys.
Encourage these practices with the local guides and tour operators. There are signs everywhere and large fines but we saw people breaking the rules, often.
I will be adding so much more about Thailand in the weeks to come!